A French Picnic Gift Basket
A French gift basket like this reminds me of my grandparents, who used to stop at least once or twice a week at a good deli to pick up all these ingredients for a fine French picnic.
Vive la France!
Start with a picnic basket and a pretty set of French Provincial paper napkins or kitchen towel as a liner. Add:
- a bottle of wine or sparkling juice
- a crusty baguette
- an apple and a bunch of grapes
- some fresh herbs (you can find these in the produce section at the grocery store)
- a container of sea salt
- some French cheese (try cheese made from sheep's milk for a new flavor)
- a cheese knife or spreader
- a corkscrew
- two small plates
Finish off your French wine gift basket by printing off a list of French phrases (with pronunciation) that are appropriate for the occasion.
Return to Gift Baskets Main